Monday, December 14, 2009

December Daily - Day Fourteen

While my husband and I were sitting in front of the tree last evening sipping hot chocolate we were remembering what it was like to be a child at Christmas. Waiting for the big day to arrive seemed like it would never come! Remember that? More than a week before Christmas was almost more than you could stand! For me, it's just going to darn fast!

Well it's another Monday, a great day for all of us who love to make cards! 2 Sketches 4 You has a new card design for all of us along with a great prize package from our sponsors Sassy Studio Designs and Sakura. Here's the sketch for this week from the talented Laura Davis and my take on her design.





This week is a bonus sketch week too! Shanna Vineyard one talented design team member at 2 Sketches 4 You came up with this great sketch. I love that there is a tag on it...that'll be fun to play with!



Since it's the holidays and many of us are scrambling around trying to get our cards made and/or mailed, I thought I'd share a card I made last night. Another simple one to whip up in no time and pop in the mail.



This is an A2 size card made with a red card stock base. I embossed a piece of white card stock with a cuddlebug folder for the dotted texture to layer over my base. Then I cut a little rectangle tag out of the same red and white card stock and attached a piece of Bazzill Basics Just the Edge scallops to the left of my tag. The sentiment is a K & Company rub-on from their Evergreen line. I sell these rub-ons in my Etsy shop if anyone is interested. Anyway, I further accented this card with a green polka dot ribbon and green stitched button. That's it! Easy!

Thanks for stopping by another December Daily. I look forward to having you stop by again tomorrow! :) Kathy

2 comments:

Laura Davis said...

I love simple, your card is stunning!
hugs
Laura

Audrey Pettit said...

I got my sweet cards in the mail today. Thank you so much for both, my friend. Love that gorgeous Christmas card. Those swiss dots are my favorite embossing folder.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...