Monday, January 25, 2010

Guess What Day It Is?

That's right, it's a 2 Sketches 4 You day! Laura Davis is our sketch artist this week and created this fun design for all of us.





Here's my card based on Laura's sketch. Notice the pretty script sentiment stamp? It's a Just Rite stamp, our sponsor for the week. Have you seen their unique stamp system? If you have a moment you should visit their site and take a look, it's an awesome system that's so easy to use! And they have a ton of cool designs to choose from.

This next project I'd like to share is a page I made to showcase a story my son wrote this weekend. Like many third graders, he doesn't always feel enthusiastic about writing, but remind him that it can be a silly story and off he goes!





If you are interested in reading his story, "The Fluffy Piano," just click on the picture to enlarge it.

Suppliles

Just A Note
Card Stock:  Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey
Ribbon:  May Arts - Buy
Rubber Stamp:  Just Rite Stamps
Stamp Ink:  Memories & Colorbox
Flower Accent:  Jolee's
Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette
Sewing Thread:  Coats

The Fluffy Piano
Card Stock:  Doodlebug Designs
Patterned Paper:  Cosmo Cricket & Making Memories
Alphabet Stickers:  Jenni Bowlin
Die Cute Alphas:  Cosmo Cricket
Ribbon:  Creative Impressions - Buy
Thumb Tack Accent:  American Crafts
Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette
Stamp Ink:  Colorbox
Border Punch:  Ek Success & Fiskars
Corner Punch:  Ek Success

So that's the scoop for the day. So pleased you could join me. Come back again Wednesday for another post full of projects!

7 comments:

cnelson said...

love your card Kathy!! that bow is divine!! love that you did a lo of your son's story!! great idea!

Neusinha said...

Thank you for your very sweet comment on my card Tea Time

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous card and a very fun page, Kathy! What a great idea to scrap. These are the kinds of things we should really be capturing. Love your use of the school themed goodies on here. That pencil is just perfect.

Lea L. said...

Such a pretty card!! I love the big bow! Great job with the sketch this week (as always)!

♥Lea

Shaz said...

That bow is so luscious... Yum!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the colors and the big satiny bow ^-^

Anonymous said...

I adore your scrumptious bow, Kathy! :) Nothing beats big, pretty ribbon in my book! Lol! And I love what you did with your son's story! I cling to little treasures like that from my kiddies, but I have been such a huge slacker when it comes to scrapbooking them. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...