Friday, January 22, 2010

Handmade From the Heart

Oh how I LOVE to make cards! Birthday, Christmas, Valentine's Day...it doesn't matter the season or occasion, I just love making cards! So, I made a scrapbook page about my Valentine's Day card making. A couple weeks ago I was at my friend's house to craft and was on a roll. I made all the cards in this photo that day. It was awesome to have the creative juices flowing!



This is a hybrid page. I used a colorful and fun digital kit called 'Can't Buy Me Love' by Shimelle Laine from Two Peas in a Bucket. I love all the hearts and colors. If you click on the photo it will enlarge so you can see the details on the pink and blue papers.

Another reason to make a handmade card...babies! I have to make handmade cards for newborns! These cards are usually kept in a scrapbook and cherished for years to come.



The little baby hanger embellishment is something that I make myself. I make them with the word 'love' too for my Valentine cards and scrapbook pages. It's fun to have unique embellishments that are not sold in stores.

Supplies:

Handmade From the Heart
Card Stock:  Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper:  Can't Buy Me Love - Shimelle Laine - Buy
Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette
Chipboard Hearts:  Maya Road
Plastic Hearts:  American Crafts
Chipboard Alphas:  American Crafts
Border Punch:  Fiskars

Welcome Baby
Card Stock:  Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper:  Doodlebug ?
Rub-ons:  Creative Cafe
Corner Punch: Ek Success
Border Punch:  Fiskars
Baby Hanger: Card-Blanc - Buy
Ribbon:  Michael's

Once again, I'm thankful for all of you who take time out of your busy days to come take a peek at my blog! I get so inspired looking at all your blogs and hope that you feel the same when you visit mine! Until we meet again...most likely Monday, have a super weekend! Oh, and if you are fortunate enough to be going to CHA, have a blast!

5 comments:

Daniela F. said...

So cute!! Love the baby hanger - I would have never guessed it's handmade. What a fantastic idea!

Diana Fisher said...

Love these!! And that baby card is too cute!! Great ribbon on that!

Tris said...

Hi, your cards are really nice !
Would you like to sell them on my website www.cardcraftersmarket.com ? it is exclusively for the selling and buying of handmade greeting cards, supplies and tools.
It is FREE to join! I also invite you and all card crafters to participate in our contest to create company logo with the theme of a handmade card. You could WIN $250.

Audrey Pettit said...

Great stuff, my friend! Love the whole idea of your page. So great to document your love for card-making.
Adorable little baby card, too. I think your hangers are beyond fabulous!

Barbra said...

Gorgeous as usual!
hugs♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...