Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Vintage Pretties

Hello!

Thought I'd pop in to show you a couple vintage goodies I've listed in my new Etsy shop. I've really been working hard to get my virtual shelves stocked! It's been so much fun! There's nothing like doing what you love! Last Saturday a girlfriend and I traveled about 1 1/2 hours out of town to Cameron, N.C. where there are about a dozen antique stores. We always meet the nicest people at these little places! The weather was on the cool side, but a beautiful sunny day.

When we got hungry we went over to The Dewberry Deli & Soda Fountain. Oh my!  I had the best sandwich...a toasted croissant with hot roast beef, melted provolone cheese, grilled mushrooms and onions and a dipping juice on the side! It was a bit of heaven! And the potato salad was excellent too! So many people mess up potato salad, don't you think? As if the sandwich and potato salad weren't enough, I had dewberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream! I never knew there was such a thing as dewberries, did you? Those little berries are excellent! I'm almost willing to get in the car and make the drive just for lunch! Yep! That good!

Okay, I was going to show you some things in my shop and I got a little side tracked! Good food does that to me! I've also been scouting out second hand stores and our local flea market. You would be surprised to see what wonderful things people want to get rid of! Oh, I also attended the Raleigh Antiques Show on Sunday. I told you I've been busy!

by Grosvenor
Made in England

What is it about teacups? They are so pretty! I love them and have many sitting around our house. I don't even drink tea! lol! I sometimes put a few vintage buttons inside the cup and around the saucer along with an old spool. I also have one or two teacups with pretty vintage hankies cascading over the rim of the cup. I just love pretty things!


You can't have too many ball jars. I fill them with all kinds of goodies like the shells from our annual family beach trips, old marbles, vintage sewing spools and old mother of pearl buttons. I even have a large one filled with our son's stick collection!


Isn't this guy the cutest? Adorable! Do you collect Steiff? I just might start! They make the most wonderful stuffed animals! I've never bought any because they are so expensive, but this guy is rather affordable! If I don't find a good home for him, he'll just keep napping at our home!

by Mason's
Made in England

This beautiful cup was one of the first items I listed in my shop and it's getting a bit of attention. I found it during my trip to Wilmington a few weekend's ago. It's a gorgeous deep blue and the floral design is lovely! This cup will make a great addition to someones transferware collection.

I'm so glad you could stop by because I really enjoyed sharing my new hobby/business with you! If there's something you enjoy collecting and would like me to keep my eyes open for you, let me know! I hope you have a fabulous day! :) Kathy

3 comments:

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

What beautiful treasures you have collected Kathy! I especially love that cute little elephant :) I will have to check out your new Etsy shop.

Lin said...

Pretties, indeed - LOVE the teacups!!

Tiff said...

AWESOME findings! I'm a huge fan of the Balls glass with glass lid! Incredible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...