Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Burning House

Hi!

Have you heard of 'The Burning House' project from 'The Anthropologist' site? It's a photographic documentation on what people would bring with them if their house were to burn down.  It's intriguing to see the photos of items that people of different age groups, etc. have taken. It made me think about what I would bring and I thought I'd participate and take a photo.




After saving ourselves and if it were safe to grab other items my list would be...

1. Our pets, two parrots and two cats.
2. My purse containing car keys, id, money, and a supply of crucial medication.
3. Our wedding album and memory books.
4. Christopher's precious artwork...hand print.
5. My iPad. A useful tool with contacts and information. It would also give us something to do in a shelter.
6. Lastly, I would grab as many of my antiques as possible as long as it was safe to do so.



So, what would you bring? If you decide to take this exercise and blog about it, let me know, it would be interesting to see.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Kathy :)

2 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Interesting food for thought, huh? I had never really thought about this until a couple of years ago. A fire broke out in the ballpark right behind our house and was moving towards us. We had a fire engine in front of my house spraying water over the rooftops and the smoke and ash were so thick it looked like night time. That's the first I've been that close to losing everything. The police came and rang the doorbell and told us to evacuate, and I started grabbing stuff in an absolute panic. Of course the kids and Sonic, then your mind starts to click in on important documents. Sure scary.

Unknown said...

LOVE that you put your pets first.

I kept thinking and thinkg what would I bring and prob. everything you listed. Besides antiques mine are not as awesome as yours. lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...