Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Families Bloom with Love

Hello!

Are you getting back into the swing of things after the holiday weekend? Long weekends always throw me a curve ball...I always feel like I'm a day behind! ;)

I have a scrapbook page to share with you that I started over the weekend.


I recently created another page using this gorgeous Echo Park line called 'Country Drive' and I loved it so much that I had to do another!


I owe it to my trusty Silhouette digital die cutter for making the scalloped square center, the title and the file divider tab that's behind my photo. Cool cuts, huh?


There's those little flags again...I can't get enough! I created them with stickers from the Country Drive kit and toothpicks. I'm using more of these toothpicks for crafting than we are in the kitchen!


Lots of stitchy stitchin' too! :)


Because you can never have too many die cuts I used this spiral notebook shape from Papertrey Ink and the pinwheel cut from The Cat's Pajamas.


 
I also spent a little time in the kitchen this weekend and have to tell you about Honey Mustard Salmon Salad! Oh yum!


It's funny, when I first saw this recipe on the Whole Foods site it peaked my interest so I pinned it and bought the ingredients. However, when I went to make it, I wasn't in the mood. For some reason it just didn't sound very good. I thought it was going to be too healthy and bland since the recipe calls for plain yogurt instead of mayo. Oh, but I'm so glad I whipped it anyway because it turned out to be so delicious! And I ate it with crackers like the picture shows...loved it! Even more incredible is that my son loves it too ! He gave it a thumbs up! So...if you are looking for an alternative to your tuna sandwich or just want something a little different for lunch do give it a try!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Kathy, I love the layout...and the salmon salad looks amazing!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Fabulous LO,Kathy! I love the quilt paper idea! ooohh...and look...yummy salad :)

Daniela Dobson said...

Love that layout with the quilted background. That salmon salad look so good!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, what a bright and happy layout, Kathy! So, so adorable! Love the photo of you and Christopher, too.
And yum-O on that salmon salad! That looks fabulous!

cnelson said...

Your lo could not be cuter or sweeter!! LOVE it so much! That salad looks scrumptiously divine!!

Home sweet home said...

Lovely layout.
Love the quilt paper idea,beautiful:)

Denise Marzec said...

Your page is AWESOME!!...the colors are so sweet and I love the twine accents. The salad looks delicious, too!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Kathy, I am looking around your site for an email to write you with a request, but couldn't find one! I am interested in talking to you about a couple images I'd love to run in the next issue of House of Fifty with a link back to you and your blog, if interested please send me a note @ janell@houseoffifty.com

Thanks! Janell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...