Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Halloween - Update

Hi!

If you saw yesterday's post, you know I went on a vintage treasure hunt. Boy did I find some fun things! I found a cool old bushel basket that will make a great display filled with pumpkins and gourds! I found a set of glass measuring cups...so cool! I hope that I'll be able to find some time during the week to photograph and share my finds with you! Many items will be listed in my vintage Etsy site so you can always look there for new goods.

Also, if you stopped in yesterday, you got to see the Halloween card I created. I mentioned that I wanted to add something more to it. I thought it was cute, but needed something.


Here's the card. Several of you said you thought a button or two would be a great addition and I couldn't agree more!


The second item I added was the little trick or treat flag created with part of a border die cut and a toothpick. Amazing how a couple little additions make a big impact! I also wanted to add a black zigzag stitch around the orange striped border, but I didn't have time.


Isn't this paper line adorable? Do you know who manufacturer's it? I love the name! It's called 'Mischievous' by My Mind's Eye.


This cute little black button by Pebbles  makes a great 'o' on this Halloween die cut!

Do you like the card better with these two additions?

Well, I've got more crafty goodness that I'm working on so I best get to it. Thanks for dropping by!

Kathy

6 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Perfect!!! Love Halloween and this is an amazing Halloween card!!! Great job as always!

Virginia L. said...

LOVELY card, Kathy! I adore every details in this. That button is too cute!

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute re-do, Kathy! The button is a sweet touch, and I just love that fun flag. :)

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Kathy! The button and flag are DARLING and I love the raffia!!

cnelson said...

Can't wait to see your treasures! Your additions to the card are ohhhh so cute!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love that papers and your embellishing is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...