Thursday, December 15, 2011

Keep it Simple Sister

Hey!

How are those Christmas preparations going? Did I hear some groans? Didn't we all agree not to stress? We said we would enjoy the little pleasures of the season, didn't we? I know, it's a work in progress! And it might require a spiked eggnog! ;)

Well, this morning I started on my to-do list and began wrapping some presents. I reminded myself to keep it simple, that wrapping pretty gifts shouldn't take an entire day! And guess what? The first one I wrapped was so quick, easy and inexpensive, I had to share it with you!


Isn't it cute? The materials I used to wrap this little gift were all at my fingertips. The little box was recycled from last year, the Kraft wrapping papper was the center of a roll of gift wrap, the owl was colored months back when I was practicing with Copic Markers. The Kraft tag is from Martha Stewart, purchased at least a year ago, the twine and rub-ons from Doodlebug, don't we all have loads of twine and rub-ons in our stash? Lastly, that sweet little doily, I acquired long ago from a local vintage shop.


Quick and easy and nothing to buy! Gotta love it! I'll be done with my gift wrapping in no time if I can keep it simple and use things I lready have!

Hope your holiday preparations are going well, and those of you who have it all done...please let me in on your secrets! ;)

Kathy

12 comments:

Lin said...

Love it, Kathy - so special with that doily!

cnelson said...

It is LOVELY!! I am wrapping some gifts in the kraft paper, too, this year! LOVE the look!

Lydia said...

Beautiful, I'm doing something like this, this christmas too!!! Something along the lines of brown paper packages tied up with string!!! I am loving the simplicity!!! Happy Holidays!!

Alice Carman said...

Love the owl tag. I'll have to try one out.

itsallrosi said...

this is adorable, Kathy!

Alice said...

such a beautiful gift wrapping idea! love the vintage doily and that little owl is so cute! love this, Kathy!

Melinda Spinks said...

Love the lace doily as an extra touch. Such a beautiful and fun way to wrap a gift. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

OH, HOT DOG!! I see MY name on that gorgeous little package!! My eyes are popping out, Kathy! This is gorgeous! Love the kraft, you know, and love that sweet little tag with the owl. And the doily, too???? Wowzers!!
And best yet.........
it's mine, all mine!!

Janetcraft said...

love this great idea...so cute!

Janetcraft said...

love this great idea...so cute!

Aimes said...

Beautiful packaging, Kathy! I love the doily treatment!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

farmhouse-story said...

very sweet, kathy:) have a wonderful christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...