Monday, February 13, 2012

Love is in the Air

Hello!

Oh boy, remember the cold I talked about last week...the one that I was expecting and the one that just didn't seem to be doing much? Well, it reared its ugly head Saturday afternoon and wiped me out all day yesterday! So I didn't post a Valentine card yesterday as I planned to. No worries, right? I'll just post two today!

In honor of Valentine's week, I made some lovey, mushy cards with hearts to share with you.


This card was so fun...I had a roll of old Valentine tickets from Making Memories and thought it would be fun if I attached a bunch to my card base. I like the way it looks!


These tickets have all kinds of great Valentine phrases! Just like conversation hearts.


I embellished the card with some buttons and Love Me paper from My Mind's Eye. The red plaid paper is from My Family by Fancy Pants.


The rosette was created with a Tim Holtz die and the hearts were made with a die from My Favorite Things.


How about another card? ;)


Last December, while at Arichivers, I saw the Love Me collection from My Mind's Eye and had too have some. I bought just four patterned papers and a die cut sheet. I'm glad I remembered that I had it and got it out in time for some Valentine crafting.


I really like the vintage, worn look of this line! And I love the banner!


More die cut hearts...this large scalloped one is from Spellbinders. And more lovey dovey phrases.


Lots of stitchy goodness included too!

So tomorrow's the day of love. Do you have something special planned with your sweetheart? My hubs and I enjoy celebrating Valentine's Day, but not always on the 14th. Going out to dinner is no fun with crowds. We kind of do our own thing when we feel like it. Hubs always gives me flowers and treats. I always make him a card. That's my specialty, you know! ;)

Well, I hope you enjoy your day and Valentine's Day tomorrow. I'll be back to share some more cards with hearts and mushy sentiments!

Kathy :)

6 comments:

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

SUCH cute cards today! I love the rosette with the scallop heart on top - wish I had thought of that! Love your little banner too. It's perfect! My hubs and I went out yesterday for our Valentine Dinner - I'm with you - too crowded on the actual day. Hope you guys have a happy ♥ day!

cnelson said...

Such FAB Valentines! LOVE them both!

Lin said...

I'm a Valentine fanatic, and I love both of these, Kathy! We're just having a nice dinner at home - like you, I don't think much of all the crowds of people. Happy Hearts Day!

Lynn said...

I love both projects. The tickets on the first one make me smile! We aren't big Valentine planners at our house...with three little ones celebrating at school, we're having lots of fun making valentine boxes!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, so sorry to hear that your cold took a turn for the worse, Kathy. Hope you are feeling better today.
Your Valentines are so completely adorable! LOVE how you used the roll tickets. That is genius. And boy did you ever rock the MME. Adore that banner. :)

Alice Carman said...

This is darling!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...