Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pals for Life


Hello! Today I have a birthday card share using a Doodlebug Design Create-A-Card, a fabulous sketch posted on the Doodlebug blog today and the Boys Only Collection.


I adore this line! The colors, patterns, die cuts and buttons...they're all so fabulous! And now there's some fun new Doodlebug/Hampton Arts Stamps to add to the mix.


I used the You Said It set for my sentiments. Isn't this 'celebrate' stamp cool?


I think the file folder style Create-A-Card is my favorite! The tab is perfect for sentiments.


I hope you enjoyed my card and have a moment to hop over to the Doodlebug blog to see the cards my teammates made and the fabulous card sketch we have for you.




Staycation has been wonderful! Yesterday, our second day, started off at Durrant Park for a hike. There's nothing more beautiful and relaxing than the great outdoors!


After our hike we headed to the Museum of Natural Sciences. They have an amazing new wing that just opened. This is part of the building! It's quite impressive and looks like it goes out into the street! There's a theater housed in it.


There's so much to see and it was beyond what I've ever experienced at a science museum. Within the exhibits are real laboratories with scientists working on current projects.


I took so many pictures that I'm not sure which to show you and so much of what we saw there was pretty amazing! Since we paper crafters use butterfly images on a lot of our projects I thought I would show you this gorgeous display of butterflies.

Today we're driving out to a quaint little town about an hour away to do some antiquing.  I never get tired of browsing! I'm always on the look out for Charlotte transferware. It's really hard to find. I also look for interesting containers for storing crafty goodies. One of my most recent finds is an aluminum container with the word 'grease' on it. It was for storing bacon grease in the cupboard for use later on. Yuck! But that's how things were done. Now it holds buttons! ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Tomorrow I'll have my first Bella Blvd. and Core'dinations Team-Ups projects to show you! Have a super day!

Kathy :)

3 comments:

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

cute card Kathy! Love the staycation photos, the butterfly wall is amazing : )

alexandra s.m. said...

Great post Kathy!
a staycation can be a lot of fun indeed!!
I love your summer card! the colors are awesome and the design is really cool!

Thank YOu~

Diana Waite said...

what a FUN card! you staycation sounds fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...