Monday, November 25, 2013

A Top Dog Dies Christmas

Hello, hello! I have a couple Top Dog Dies projects to share with you today using one of my favorite die sets, the Ornament and Tags #1 Die Set


A lot of gift giving goes on during the holiday season which means you'll probably be needing some tags at some point. To create a these ornament shaped to/from tags simply fold a piece of paper in half. Then lay your die on your cutting platform and place the folded paper just inside the die's cutting edge.


After I cut my tags, I used the Snowflake Trio Die Set to make colorful snowflake accents.


These pretty patterned papers and rhinestones are from Doodlebug Designs' Home for the Holidays collection.

For my next project I wanted to show you how beautifully Top Dog Dies cuts felt.


Using the same ornament die set and some good quality felted wool, I cut two of the ornament shapes along with the decorative top layer then blanket stitched them together, filling with cotton.


I love how every little detail of this die cuts easily and makes such a pretty little ornament. A little baker's twine and a shiny jingle bell complete the project.

For years, I don't even remember how many now, I've made ornaments for my friends and family. I think this design will be the one for 2013. Does anyone else do a yearly ornament? 

Hope you have a super day! :)

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super cute Kathy!

Ruth G said...

These are wonderful! I love the tags! They are just the right size and the little bit of bling is perfect in the center of those snowflakes! I adore the felt ornament!
I've made ornaments as gifts in the past, but I usually only do them for a few people as it's hard for me to get them done for everyone.
Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...