Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Handmade Felt Ornament

I love to make things! Shocking admission, I know! Every Christmas, for at least the past 15 years, I've made ornaments for our tree and to give as gifts. Weeks ago when I was trying to decide on this year's creation, I created this felt heart and star design. 


I ended up going with another style because I thought I might not have time to stitch a bunch of these. I like how it turned out so I wanted to share it with you.


I used a heart die from My Favorite Things and a star die from Papertrey Ink.


I always add a little tag with our last name and the year it was made for those who want to remember where and when they received it.


Here's our lovely tree...full of handmade ornaments from years of crafting and our Hallmark collection along with ornaments given as gifts...it's a slice of Christmas history.

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Kathy, this is so cute! Did you punch the holes in the star? I could not find a die that looked like that in the huge PTI selection! Your colors are so fun and I love the tag idea for the year!!!

~amy~ said...

What a neat keepsake...thanks for the inspiration. I hope to make ornaments this weekend for the kids!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

I adore hand-stitched felt ornaments and yours is adorable! :)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Beautiful and sweet and perfect! What a nice touch to add the tag! I love your tree - so pretty and inviting. I bet you guys have so much fun together on Christmas! XO

Alice said...

your tree is beautiful and love the idea of handmade ornament. so pretty and a really keepsake. love it!

Ruth G said...

Wonderful ornament! I try to make an ornament for our tree each year along with ornaments for the kids. Not sure it's going to happen this year, at least before Christmas. Our tree is a history tree, too, and I love it! Thanks so much for sharing! I've gotta get busy and get that to-do list done!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, this is sooo pretty. Love the colors and the stitching. Happy Holidays (what's left of it).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...