Friday, June 17, 2016

Water Color & Embossing

Hello! I have another water color pencil practice card to share with you today that includes heat embossing. As I mentioned yesterday, Fun Stampers Journey is releasing a set of watercolor pencils with the new 2016-2017 catalog and I've been spending time this week getting better acquainted with this medium. 


For the sun I stamped this lovely new Stained Glass sun image with Journey Gold embossing powder before coloring and fussy cutting it. My technique for painting was to add a few drops of water to one of our clear blocks and rub my pencil in the water before using a small blending brushes to paint the image. 


The background was done the same way except that I dried it with a heat gun when finished. For the speckled bits of embossing, I spritzed the paper with water from a fine mist sprayer and then applied the embossing powder which only stuck to the fine drops of water. 


I love the results. I think this technique would work great with so many themes...a midnight sky or maybe an under the ocean look. 

Tip: When I was done painting and embossing my background the paper was rather warped! To straighten it back out I misted the back with a little water and then let it dry under one of our acrylic blocks. Worked perfectly! 

Well...time to play some more. It's fun to experiment and see what happens! 


Fun Stampers Journey Supplies:
Stained Glass SS-0314 (available July 1st)
Journey Color Splash JM-0078 (available July 1st)
Clear Pigment Ink IP-0102
Journey Gold Embossing Powder IP-0101
Color Splash Sheets JM-0076 (available July 1st)
Whip Cream CS-0040

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...